1. Since I’ve been going on about fruit trees so much, here’s All About Growing Fruit Trees, from Mother Earth News.
2. This sounds like a fantastic (fantastical?) solution to the ridiculous smartphone battery life (of maybe two days).
3. I read this in an effort to stay skeptical about the effect of social media in political activism.
4. Everything about this portraiture of people living on less than $1/day is amazing, but one of my takeaways is that even an elderly Bolivian wheat farmer is better educated about climate change than a good percentage of Americans (no wonder she didn’t like us!).
5. The IPCC recently came out with the second part of its major climate change report. Here’s a great five-point anchor.